Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So They Said It Was Cheap......


Well, we filled up our vehicle yesterday and I admit that I was pumped (no pun intended) to see what it was going to actually cost us. As we rolled in we found that the only two options were 91 or 95 octane. As we didn't receive a Tuscon Turbo we figured 91 octane would be fine. We watched the litres add up and the excitement grew as the dollars (Riyals) slowly turned over. We topped out at 53 litres and payed a hefty 24 Riyals. I sat and converted mentally and it felt somewhat like Christmas, as that converts to a whopping $6.40. Needless to say I sped away as if I stole something......Road trip anyone????

We added a few pictures of the local currency which converts at a rate of 3.75 Riyals= 1 USD. You only have a fifty percent chance of knowing what the money is worth in your wallet, so it takes a little organization to not look like a complete idiot in the check out line. English numbers out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment